Note: You must be logged in to add a sweepstakes to Sweeps Atlas
We want to ensure that the Sweep records all look similar. This allows users to easily identify the Sweep and decide whether or not they want to enter it. Here are the guidelines to follow:
- Name: The name of the sweep should include WHO is hosting the sweep (the company, the blog name, etc), and what the name of the sweep is (you can typically find it in the rules if it's not on the main page). Don't post "Win a $100 Gift Card" as the name of your sweep because we get a bunch of those and it will be difficult to tell them apart.
- Instruction: Name of Site: Title of Giveaway (From Listed Rules or Page/Sponsor Designation)
- Example: Sweeps Atlas: 1k Users Giveaway
- Entry Mode: If it's a basic form (you enter your name, address, etc, or if you enter your name & email address), mark it as a 'web' entry. If it's a Gleam or Rafflecopter form with a long list of entry options, mark it as a 'multi-platform' entry. On the multi-platform sweeps, if they're all 1x, mark the sweep as a 1x, and in the Tags, click on "additional entries".
- URL: This should be the URL for the Sweepstakes itself. Enter the URL and then tab or click on the next input field. If the URL is a duplicate you will be notified by an error message.
- Rules URL: This should be the URL for the rules for the Sweepstakes/Giveaway. If there isn't a Rules URL then use the URL for the sweepstakes again.
- Restrictions: This is where you list restrictions for the Sweepstakes/Giveaway. Some of the things you may want to note here:
- Is it limited to specific states?
- Is shipping limited to specific states?
- Are certain states excluded from entering?
- If the age of eligibility something other than 18 (which is the default age to enter, so you don't need to list it). Just note the age if it's something other than 18.
- This is also where you should note if you need to be a registered member of something to enter.
- Prize Description: The description should be formatted:
(Count) - $ARV Prize description. If there are more than one prize please make it a bulleted list. If there is more than one prize for a single award semicolons should be used to separate the list:
(5) - A book by The Author; Second Book by Different Author (ARV $30).
- Notes: If you're required to upload a photo, note it and explain what the photo should be. In this case, certain people are excluded from entering & winning (you
- Start Date: When did the Sweepstakes start? The day you post it is not the start date.
- End Date: When does the Sweepstakes end? Be sure to use the correct time zone. Leaving it UTC will cause it to expire earlier than it should. If it's not specified, just use ET
- A note about dates. If the contest only states "the contest will end in 38 days" you can do a search in Google for "38 days from now" and it will give you the answer.
- Entry Frequency: How often can you enter? If there's a daily option, mark daily so it's in everyone's daily sweeps. If it's 1x, mark it as a single entry.
- Prize Category: What's the prize? A trip? Sports equipment? If there are multiple prizes, tick off all the appropriate boxes.
do not need to list "employees of X are not eligible. That's standard. If it's a health-related sweep, it might say "Medicare/Medicaid/AARP members are not eligible", and that should be noted).
- Prize Frequency: How often are prizes awarded. If there's 1 prize, it's a single award. If there are daily prizes, check if there is a drawing after each day (ex: will they draw on Tuesday from all the Monday entries), or are they doing 1 drawing at the end, and just picking a certain number of winners. the only thing that should be marked as an instant award is an Instant Win Game.
- Tags. What's the prize ARV? Are there additional entries? Do you need a code? Is it a firearm related sweep? Check off what's appropriate for the prize
When entering local sweeps, if the sweep does not have an expiration date, please put one for 30 days out. If it is still going after 30 days, then update the expiration date for another 30 days out. Please make a best guess on the ARV. If you have to make an estimate put estimate next to the ARV. For example:
(estimate ARV: $300)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the forum.